Welcome to a little creation that will change your dish to pass forever, and probably your pants size. These delicious, absolutely to die for, bars are the single most decadent recipe I have made yet. I found this recipe on pinterest here. We made some changes to the recipe, though. These bars are composed of a sweet chocolate cookie layer on the bottom, Oreo's in the middle, and brownies on top, and finished off with a thin coat of frosting. The Oreo's absorb the sweetness of the layers that it is sandwiched between and every bite is loaded with flavor. The only downfall is how good these things actually are. I recommend only taking a small square for yourself and donating the rest of the batch to a large group of people who will eat them immediately. This way, you have a chance at avoiding you finishing the entire pan by yourself. Also, the frosting could put them over the top, so If you do decide to use frosting make it a thin layer. Here is the recipe!
Makes: ~24 Bars
10 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
2tsp vanilla extract
2 farm fresh eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 package of Oreos
Cookie Dough Layer:
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2 farm fresh eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
one can of chocolate frosting
your favorite homemade frosting recipe
-preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Melt the butter over medium high heat in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk the salt, vanilla and eggs together.
3. Stir in the flour. Then, set aside batter.
1. Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
3. Then, add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix on low until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and set aside.
1. Line the bottom of a 13x9 cake pan with tin foil and then spray with a layer of non-stick cooking spray.
2. Empty the cookie dough into the bottom of the cake pan, pressing it down with your fingers to create a flat base for the Heaven Bars.
3. Cover the cookie dough layer with Oreo's completely, laying them side by side.
4. Pour the brownie batter on top and gently shake the pan until the brownie layer is even.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes. Test with a knife in the center to make sure the brownies are done.
6. Take them out of the oven and allow them to cool slightly, then place them in the fridge, covered in saran wrap, until they are cool enough to frost.
7. Frost with room temperature chocolate (or any) frosting, then place them back in the fridge so that the frosting settles and cools.
8. Cut into squares and enjoy!