These things are seriously to-die for. I got the original recipe for these delicious, fluffy cookies here. When I experiment with recipes I'm worried about my recipe not being as good as the original. I've wished many times that I stuck with the recipe so I could enjoy the little treats I imagined, instead of the ones that I messed up in an attempt to enhance them. This time, I really struck gold with my own version. I decided to make the cookies smaller and add a peanut butter frosting in between them. This, my friends, is the perfect treat for any peanut butter lover, cookie lover, after-school snack, or dish to pass. Seriously, go make them right now. You won't be sorry.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches
Yields- about 34 cookies, 17 cookie sandwiches
Preheat- 325 degrees Celsius
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie
2 cups Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
8 Tablespoons/ 1 stick of Butter
6 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 egg and 1 egg yolk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat the peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until it is melted, stirring in between. Let this butter mixture cool completely before using.
3. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda, set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar and sugar. Then, stir in the butter mixture.
5. Stir the eggs and vanilla into this mixture.
6. Gradually add the flour mixture to the wet mixture.
7. Fold in the chocolate chips.
8. Roll a teaspoon full-ish amount of dough into a ball with your hands. They should be smaller than a golf ball but, not so small. Place them on an ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies begin to crack slightly. Let cook for a few minutes, then place on a cookie sheet.
10. Mix up the Peanut Butter Frosting from the recipe below, and spread in between the cookies with a knife.
Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 a stick of Butter
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 cups Confectionery Sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Milk
1. Combine the ingredients.
2. Stir together or mix with a mixer for a few minutes to make it fluffy.
Since I'm at college making these, I do not have a mixer. So, everything in this recipe I did by hand. Also, I used creamy peanut butter but, will probably try it with crunchy next time. I'm sure both would be delicious. Please let me know if you try these and how they turn out!