These treats are quick and easy...just what everyone needs for those last minute bake sales or when you simply cannot spend one more hour awake the day before a party. The chocolate chips in the brownies make the brownies espeically gooey while adding a little crunch that pairs perfectly with the crunchy peanut butter. You can use crunchy or creamy, box mix or homemade. To be honest, I made these ones with a box mix because I had one of those busy days where I did not have time to make my homemade brownies. I'm including my homemade brownie recipe for those of you who think homemade tastes better ( like I do).
Chocolate Chip Brownies with Peanut Butter Frosting
10 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
2tsp vanilla extract
2 farm fresh eggs
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Frosting:
1/2 a stick of Butter
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 Tablespoons Milk
a splash of vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Melt the butter over medium high heat in a saucepan.
2. Stir in the sugar and cocoa powder once the butter is completely melted. Remove from heat and whisk the salt, vanilla, and eggs together.
3. Stir in the flour followed by the the chocolate chips. Then, pour into a greased 9x13" pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the brownies.
4. Let cool then, place in the fridge to cool completely.
1. In a mixing bowl, beat butters on medium until combined.
2. Then, add the sugar and beat on low until it incorporates with the butters, then mix on medium.
3. Add the milk and vanilla, mix on medium until fluffy.
4. Frost the bars.
I usually place them in the fridge when they are done so the frosting sets a bit. Then, I cut them into bars, excluding the edges. Place in cupcake wrappers to dress them up a little if you want!