I love stuffed cookies. There is something about taking a bite into a cookie and having an unexpected, and delicious surprise that just makes me want to keep experimenting with recipes. This weekend we have S'morekies-- S'more stuffed cookies. They are gooey and soft, they literally melt in your mouth. I'm still working on perfecting this recipe but, I couldn't wait to share this with you. So, here it is:
1 cup butter (room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup white sugar
2 farm fresh eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Marshmallows or mini marshmallows
1.5 Hershey's chocolate bars
2.5 sheets of graham crackers
preheat the oven to 375 degrees
1. Cream together the butter and sugars in a mixer.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
3. Then, add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Mix on low until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and refrigerate the dough while you set up the s'more ingredients.
5. Chop the graham crackers into small squares. I break them into their long strips and then cut them in half again. Break the chocolate bars into the small blocks of chocolate. Cut the marshmallows into fourths. I made some with 1/2 a marshmallow and there was too much marshmallow and it bubbled out of the cookie. So, either cut your marshmallow in half twice or use mini marshmallows. I stacked them together before I got the dough out so they would be ready. You should have graham cracker on the bottom, then chocolate, then marshmallow all lined up and ready.
6. Scoop out two teaspoonfuls of your dough. Put one on top and one on the bottom of your S'more stack. Then, add another scoop to the sides. I squished down the top and then added in the extra dough were it was needed. Once your dough is added, roll it lightly in your hand to make a ball. Then, set your s'morekie onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. I fit 6 on a sheet.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. The marshmallow still oozed out of the top of the cookies so, they are not the prettiest cookie ever but man do they taste wonderful.Enjoy!
Now that I've made S'morekies and Pillow Cookies (stuffed with brownie), do you have any other suggestions to stuff cookies with?