I know, I know. It is not Saturday. Heck, it isn't even CLOSE to Saturday. So why am I posting "Saturday's Sweets" on a Tuesday morning you might ask? Well, I had all the intentions of making these little babies on Saturday but, I left the recipe for them at work! I ended up making Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for the party instead and I already shared that recipe with you. Plus, if you are concerned at all with me not posting Saturday's Sweets on the right day, I'm sure you are just waiting for me to get to the good part anyway--the recipe!
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
-Make 3 dozen-
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
2 sticks, or 1 cup butter
1 splash of vanilla extract
2 large, farm fresh eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
a pinch of salt
a pinch of baking soda
2/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar and vanilla with a mixer on medium until blended.
2. Add the eggs, next. Then, sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda into a small bowl.
3. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and beat it until it is just combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and refrigerate, covered, for at least two hours.
5. After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roll teaspoons full of dough into balls and place on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Then, roll each ball in sugar, and then powdered sugar until evenly coated.
6. Bake, 2 inches apart, for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies have set. Cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to wire racks.
Let me know how they turn out!