Well, everyone. A little over a year ago I decided to try and read 20 books before I turn 20. I turn 20 in a few days and so It is about time to wrap up this reading list of mine. I don't get much reading done during the college semesters, but love reading when I get a chance to.
Yesterday my mother and I went to this amazing book store in the next town over. It was the kind of bookstore that dreams are made of. Here is the video that I posted on my Instagram:
Want to know a secret, guys? Well, watch the video again and pay attention to the sides of the aisles. See those tall stacks of books on either side just laying on the floor? Well...I accidentally knocked over and was buried underneath not one, not two, but three of these piled of books! The store owner did not seem very happy about it. Apparently, this sort of thing happens quite often. During the book avalanche some books fell into my basket and I unknowingly lugged them around with me, wondering why my basket was so heavy. I ended up buying 7 books for $6, many of which I knew I wanted when I had arrived.
I left with:
"The Amateur Marriage" by Anne Tyler
"Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert
"A Million Little Pieces" and "My Friend Leonard" by James Frey
"Walden and Civil Disobedience" by Henry David Thoreau
and "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom
I've read a few of these books before, have seen the movie for one and picked the last one for Alec.
Anyway, now that I've shared that little story we can move on to my reading list from this past year!
1. "The Girl Who Chased The Moon" by Sarah Addison Allen
2. "Heaven is For Real" by Todd Burpo
3."90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper
4."The Perks of Being a Wallflower"
5. "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green
6. "The Lucky One" by Nicholas Sparks
7. "A Prayer for Owen Meanie"
8. "A Woman in Residence" by Michelle Harrison
9. "The Year of Pleasures" by Elizabeth Berg
10. "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin
11. "The Home Has A Heart" by Thyra Ferre Bjorn
12. "Swimming" by Joanna Hershon
13. "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett
14. "Brompton Manor" by Susan Ralph
15. "Emma" by Jane Austen
16. "Blue Hills and Shoofly Pie" by Ann Hark
17. "My Stroke of Insight" by Jill Bolte Taylor
18. "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott
19. "Matilda" by Roald Dahl
20. "The Hobbit" by J. R. R. Tolkien
Here are the books I read in 2011. You learn a lot about yourself from the books you choose to read..and from reading your blog posts from the last year (wow). I have put my five favorite books from this list in boldface. Here are some photos from Tumblr to inspire you all to go get cozy with some tea or coffee and start reading:
What are you reading?
What should I read next?